The 14th annual Sacramento Freethought Day is Sunday, October 12, 2014, and combines the fun and atmosphere of a fair with the education and activism of a conference.
Join us for engaging speakers, live entertainment, family activities, an authors’ panel, prizes, and more!
A Beautiful Location
This year, Freethought Day is hosted at the California State Capitol Building, on the north steps right next to ample parking!
Speakers, Authors, and Entertainers
• Rebecca Watson, SkepChick and SGU podcast cohost
• Phil Zuckerman, Sociologist
• Ross Blocher, of the podcast Oh No Ross and Carrie
• Ryan Kane, Illusionist
• Dan Arel, Author of Parenting without God
• Victor Harris, Poet
• Tom Manger, Secular Coalition for California
Plus an exciting authors’ and podcasters’ panel featuring:
• Richard Carrier, Author
• Greta Christina, Blogger and Author
• David Fitzgerald, Author
• Brendan Powell Smith, Author of The Brick Bible
• Tom Beasley, of the podcast An American Atheist
This is a free event, but only registered guests on Eventbrite will recieve a free, full-color, multipage program and be eligible for door prizes.
Support and Volunteer
Freethought Day is an entirely non-profit endeavor, supported by the freethought community. Every donation supports this event 100% by helping us cover our speakers’ costs, rent tables and chairs, pay for advertising, and buy food for our volunteers.
Here are four ways you can <a href=”http://www.freethoughtday.org/support.html”>help make Freethought Day a continued success:
• Donate to Freethought Day: Those that wish to support Freethought Day will be recognized in the program and on the website. Donate $25 or more and you’ll get a keepsake button and special up-front seating at Freethought Day.
• Fundraising Reception: Attend this special evening event on Saturday, October 11th which features live entertainment, a selection of great appetizers and desserts, wine, and the company nearly all of our speakers for just $75. Also includes Reserved Seating at Freethought Day and more! And for $135 you’ll also get a t-shirt and lunch on Freethought Day.
• Host a Table: If you’re an author, business, freethought group, or any other community organization you can have your own table at Freethought Day. It’s free for student groups, $35 for authors, $50 for non-profits, and $100 for businesses.
• Sponsorship: Businesses and organizations looking for exposure can sponsor Freethought Day starting at just $250. Benefits include reception attendance, on-stage announcements, an exhibitor table, program advertisements, reception tickets, and more.
Secular Advocacy Day
With the support of the Secular Coalition for California, October 13th (Monday) is Secular Advocacy Day.
We’ll gather at 8:30 AM to make a difference in our state and local government. Sign up for this special event and help us change the face of politics!
Other Awesome Stuff
There’s a lot going on at Freethought Day, so check out these links to learn more:
Follow us on Twitter @FreethoughtDay.