Policy Date: 28 Feb 2015
The purpose of this document is to establish the official policy for the Atheist Community of San Jose (ACSJ) governing the booking of guest speakers and the payment of all fees, travel costs, honorariums, and other costs associated with the booking and hosting of the guest speaker.
The purpose of guest speakers is to provide original content in form of a lecture and/or presentation on topics relevant to atheism, skepticism, secularism, and/or science. It is at the discretion of the ACSJ Board of Directors (BoD) to disallow any guest speaker booking and/or associated costs that do not comply with the following policy.
- Guest Speakers
- The guest speaker must present content relevant to atheism, secularism, skepticism, and/or science.
- The guest speaker and the content of their lecture/presentation must be approved by the BoD before the speaker is booked. In order to be considered for approval, the BoD must be provided the following guest speaker information for review:
- Name and Organization (if applicable)
- Credentials and/or biography
- Proposed booking date
- Abstract of lecture/presentation
- Contract (if applicable)
- In order to be booked, the guest speaker must:
- be approved by the BoD;
- sign the ACSJ Media Licensing Agreement;
- be provided the ACSJ Speaker Confirmation Letter.
- All guest speaker bookings will be coordinated by the President.
- All fees, travel costs, lodging costs, honorariums, and all other costs associated with booking and hosting the guest speaker must be approved by the BoD before those costs are incurred.
Approved: 11 Mar 2015