Join the ACSJ for a family friendly (and dog friendly) atheist afternoon in the park. This year’s venue will again be Vasona Park in Los Gatos – and we’ll be doing it potluck style, so it should be lots of fun!
Our spot is Lakeview Group Area. It’s on a wooded hillside overlooking the lake. (See center left area on map). The site includes picnic tables and a large BBQ grill. Restrooms and parking are very close to the picnic area.
As it will be a potluck style picnic, please state in the comments what you plan on bringing, and it will be added to the main list below. This list will be updated often to reflect additions and changes. Also please bring serving utensils for your own dish. If your item needs to stay cool or hot, please plan to bring items to manage that, such as a cooler with ice. Plates, cups, eating utensils, and napkins will be provided.
Also of note, there is a $6 entrance fee per vehicle to the park, so carpool if you can!
For more details about Vasona Park, see http://www.sccgov.org/sites/parks/parkfinder/Pages/Vasona.aspx
We look forward to spending the afternoon with you and your family!
Directions: After entering the park, proceed along the main park road until you reach the Y intersection immediately after the first large parking lot on the right. Make a left at the Y intersection and proceed across the bridge. Continue along the park road and after you see a large parking lot on the right, stay left and continue up the hill. At the top of the hill, turn right into the parking area. The picnic area is at the far end of the parking area.
• charcoal, lighter fluid and barbecue tongs – IPU
Sunshade/Canopy Tent (several would be great)
• Don Bloomer
Entertainment Items (frisbee, guitar, horseshoes, etc)
• Nerf football – Ryan Hyer
• Baby – Lyn
• Fried Chicken – Don Bloomer
• Hot dogs, Condiments and buns – Sean W and Kevin H
• Vegan Sweet Potato Enchiladas – Steve
• Potato Salad – Larry Gott
• Green Salad – Werner
• Veggie/vegan sweet potato salad – Chuck Barritt
• Three-Bean salad – Bob M
• veggie/fruit/cheese plate – Tim
• Veggie tray and grapes – Keith Swenson
• chips, dips and pretzels – Carmen Honacker
• chocolate chip cookies – Ursula Oerding
• 2 Pies – Jim Laffer
• Cupcakes – Rob J
Drinks (No Hard Liquor)
• Beer and Hard Cider- Lyn C
• Beer – Bob M
• Booze – Erin
• Water – Lyn C
• Homemade Lemonade – Werner
• Soda – Ryan Hyer