Christmas in the Park is an annual holiday tradition that takes place in the heart of Downtown San José at the Plaza de Cesar Chavez. For over 30 years, this whimsical event has brought people from all over the Bay Area together during the holidays.
We decided to go with Wednesday at 3:30pm until the set end time of 5pm. So if you can make it, please come and help trim our tree.
Some CitP Tips for Decorators:
• Use weatherproof materials. We get our share of wind and rain, so please make sure your decor will hold up to the elements.
• Be sure to “tie” your ornaments to the tree branches so they do not come loose during the run of our event.
• Do not use expensive ornaments or decor as we are not responsible for any damage or stolen items that “The Grinch” or any other “Grinch-like” may try to acquire.
• You can bring your own lights (make sure they are LED) to add to the decor of your tree.
• Do not bring any ornaments made of food as the “creatures” of the park tend to enjoy them too much.
We will be providing a homemade FSM topper, 110 gold and silver shatterproof ornaments, 150 wire hangers, extra white LED lights, an ACSJ custom tree skirt, a step ladder and some pliers.
You are welcome to bring extra tools (pliers/step stool) and your own decor to add, but most importantly, bring yourself and your kiddos for an enjoyable afternoon together.
(Notice from CITP: Tear-down will take place on Monday January 2nd and Tuesday January 3rd between 9am and 5pm – all ornaments left after January 3rd will be recycled or disposed of. YOU MAY NOT REMOVE YOUR ORNAMENTS PRIOR TO JANUARY 2, 2017.)