Christmas in the Park is an annual holiday tradition that takes place in the heart of Downtown San José at the Plaza de Cesar Chavez. For over 30 years, this whimsical event has brought people from all over the Bay Area together during the holidays.
We have an Elves Club Tree which comes with four strands of lights and a text sign. Everything else is provided by you and your ACSJ.
We decided to go with Wednesday at 3:30pm until the set end time of 5pm. So if you can make it, please come (with your donated decor) and help trim our tree.
Tips for Decorators:
• Use weatherproof materials. We get our share of wind and rain, so please make sure your decor will hold up to the elements.
• Be sure to “tie” your ornaments to the tree branches so they do not come loose during the run of our event.
• Do not use expensive ornaments or decor as we are not responsible for any damage or stolen items that “The Grinch” or any other “Grinch-like” may try to acquire.
• Do not bring any ornaments made of food as the “creatures” of the park tend to enjoy them too much.
• No banners are permitted on the trees or on the ground around trees. No coupons or tear-off advertisements are permitted on trees. No offensive language or decor may be used in tree decoration.
We will be providing a homemade FSM topper, 110 gold and silver shatterproof ornaments, 150 wire hangers, white LED lights, an ACSJ custom tree skirt, a step ladder and some pliers.
You are welcome to bring extra tools (pliers/step stool) and your own decor to add, but most importantly, bring yourself for an enjoyable afternoon together.
UNLOADING AND PARKING:
You may unload curbside on Market Street near Park Avenue. Spots will be available on a first come, first serve basis. After unloading, all vehicles will then need to be moved to nearby parking lots. No parking will be available around Plaza de Cesar Chavez. Please refer to www.sjdowntownparking.com for a map and directions to public parking lots and their proximity to Christmas in the Park.
(Notice from CITP: Tear-down will take place on Monday January 2nd and Tuesday January 3rd between 9am and 5pm – all ornaments left after January 3rd will be recycled or disposed of. YOU MAY NOT REMOVE YOUR ORNAMENTS PRIOR TO JANUARY 2, 2017.)