The 15th annual Sacramento Freethought Day is Sunday, October 16, 2016, and combines the fun and atmosphere of a fair with the education and activism of a conference.
Join us for engaging speakers, live entertainment, family activities, an authors’ panel, prizes, and more!
A Beautiful Location
We are proud to be returning to the California State Capitol Building in Sacramento, on the north steps with convenient parking, public transit, and local restaurants.
Tickets and Registration
Admission is free (and donations are great), but we want you to register</a> to ensure we have adequate chairs and programs.
* <a href=”http://www.freethoughtday.org/register.html”>Register Here Today *
The only way to be eligible for $300 in door prizes is to register.
Donate $25 or more for a free a “Supporter” keepsake button and guaranteed, front-row seating.
Donate $75 or more and join us at the Supporters’ Reception on Saturday, October 10. [Details]
Speakers, Entertainers, Authors, and More
We are thrilled to share with you the many people who will be speaking, entertaining, and participating at our Authors’ and Podcasters’ Panel at this year’s Freethought Day (and the Fundraising Reception the night before):
• Aron Ra, Podcaster
• Sanal Edamaruku, Activist
• David Silverman, President, American Atheists
• Mya Saleem, Ex-Muslim Activist
• Cidney Fisk, High School Student Activist
• Steve Hill, Comedian
• Shelley Segal, Singer / Songwriter
• Tom Manger, Secular Coalition for California
• Dan Arel, Journalist / Author
• David McAfee, Author
• Melissa Pugh, United Coalition of Reason
• Amanda Metskas, Camp Quest
• Victor Harris, Poet
• Camp Quest West will be providing children’s activities!
• more to be announced!
Support the Event
Freethought Day is an entirely non-profit event, supported by the freethought community. Your donation helps us cover our speakers’ travel, and pay for insurance, advertising, chair rentals, and food for our volunteers.
Here are four ways you can help make Freethought Day a continued success:
• Donate: Those that wish to support Freethought Day will be recognized in the program and on the website. And you can show your support with a keepsake button, all for just $25. [Details]
• Fundraising Reception: Attend this special evening event on Saturday, October 15th featuring the comedy of Steve Hill and music of Shelley Segal, a selection of great appetizers and desserts, an open bar, and the company of our speakers starting at $75. Also includes Reserved Seating at Freethought Day. [Details]
• Sponsor: Businesses and organizations looking for exposure can sponsor Freethought Day starting at just $150. Benefits include reception attendance, on-stage announcements, an exhibitor table, program advertisements, reception tickets, and more. [Details]
For questions regarding support and volunteering, please contact David Diskin at [masked].
Freethought Weekend Events
• Secular Leadership Day: Activists and organizers of all kinds can network, share ideas, and learn how to make their groups even more successful. Saturday 10-4 [Details]
• Secular Advocacy Day: Make your voice heard as you team up with others from your area to speak to your elected officials at the California State Capitol. Monday, 9-2 [Details]