The 14th annual Sacramento Freethought Day is Sunday, October 11, 2015, and combines the fun and atmosphere of a fair with the education and activism of a conference.
Join us for engaging speakers, live entertainment, family activities, an authors’ panel, prizes, and more!
A Beautiful Location
We are proud to be returning to the California State Capitol Building in Sacramento, on the south steps with convenient parking, public transit, and local restaurants.
Tickets and Registration
Admission is free (and donations are great), but we want you to register to ensure we have adequate chairs and programs.
The only way to be eligible for $300 in door prizes is to register.
Donate $25 or more for a free a “Supporter” keepsake button and guaranteed, front-row seating.
Donate $75 or more and join us at the Supporters’ Reception on Saturday, October 10. [Details]
Speakers, Entertainers, Authors, and More
We are thrilled to share with you the many people who will be speaking, entertaining, and participating at our Authors’ and Podcasters’ Panel at this year’s Freethought Day (and the Fundraising Reception the night before):
• Jason Torpy, Military Association of Atheists and Freethinkers
• Mandisa Thomas, Black Nonbelievers
• Chris Johnson, A Better Life
• Jason Heap, United Coalition of Reason
• Tom Manger, Secular Coalition for California
• Lyz Lidell, Secular Student Alliance
• Amanda Metskas, Camp Quest
• Victor Harris, Poet
• Richard Carrier, Author
• Greta Christina, Blogger and Author of Coming Out Atheist
• Brendan Powell Smith, Author of The Brick Bible
• David Fitzgerald, Author
• Camp Quest West will be providing children’s activities!
• more to be announced!
Support the Event
Freethought Day is an entirely non-profit event, supported by the freethought community. Your donation helps us cover our speakers’ travel, and pay for insurance, advertising, chair rentals, and food for our volunteers.
Here are four ways you can help make Freethought Day a continued success:
• Donate: Those that wish to support Freethought Day will be recognized in the program and on the website. And you can show your support with a keepsake button, all for just $25. [Details]
• Fundraising Reception: Attend this special evening event on Saturday, October 10th which features live entertainment, a selection of great appetizers and desserts, wine, and the company of our speakers starting at $75. Also includes Reserved Seating at Freethought Day. [Details]
• Host a Table: If you’re an author, business, freethought group, or any other community organization you can have your own table at Freethought Day. It’s free for student groups, $25 for authors, $50 for non-profits, and $100 for businesses. [Details]
• Sponsor: Businesses and organizations looking for exposure can sponsor Freethought Day starting at just $250. Benefits include reception attendance, on-stage announcements, an exhibitor table, program advertisements, reception tickets, and more. [Details]
For questions regarding support and volunteering, please contact David Diskin at david@LodiUnited.org.
Freethought Weekend Events
• Secular Leadership Day: Activists and organizers of all kinds can network, share ideas, and learn how to make their groups even more successful. Saturday 10-4 [Details]
• Secular Advocacy Day: Make your voice heard as you team up with others from your area to speak to your elected officials at the California State Capitol. Monday, 9-2 [Details]
(This is a Member Suggested Meetup; you can read our policy about MSMs here.)