The 14th annual Sacramento Freethought Day is Sunday, October 12, 2014, and combines the fun and atmosphere of a fair with the education and activism of a conference.
Join us for engaging speakers, live entertainment, family activities, an authors’ panel, prizes, and more!
A Beautiful Location
This year, Freethought Day is hosted at the California State Capitol Building, on the north steps right next to ample parking!
Speakers, Authors, and Entertainers
• Rebecca Watson, SkepChick
• Phil Zuckerman, Sociologist
• Ross Blocher, of the podcast Oh No Ross and Carrie
• Ryan Kane, Illusionist
• Dan Arel, Author of Parenting without God
• Victor Harris, Poet
• Tom Manger, Secular Coalition for California
Plus an exciting authors’ and podcasters’ panel featuring:
• Richard Carrier, Author
• Greta Christina, Blogger and Author
• David Fitzgerald, Author
• Brendan Powell Smith, Author of The Brick Bible
• Tom Beasley, of the podcast An American Atheist Registration This is a free event, but only registered guests on Eventbrite will receive a free, full-color, multipage program and be eligible for door prizes.
Support and Volunteer
Freethought Day is an entirely non-profit endeavor, supported by the freethought community. Every donation supports this event 100% by helping us cover our speakers’ costs, rent tables and chairs, pay for advertising, and buy food for our volunteers.
Here are four ways you can help make Freethought Day a continued success:
• Donate to Freethought Day: Those that wish to support Freethought Day will be recognized in the program and on the website. Donate $25 or more and you’ll get a keepsake button and special up-front seating at Freethought Day.
• Fundraising Reception: Attend this special evening event on Saturday, October 11th which features live entertainment, a selection of great appetizers and desserts, wine, and the company nearly all of our speakers for just $75. Also includes Reserved Seating at Freethought Day and more! And for $135 you’ll also get a t-shirt and lunch on Freethought Day.
• Host a Table: If you’re an author, business, freethought group, or any other community organization you can have your own table at Freethought Day. It’s free for student groups, $35 for authors, $50 for non-profits, and $100 for businesses.
• Sponsorship: Businesses and organizations looking for exposure can sponsor Freethought Day starting at just $250. Benefits include reception attendance, on-stage announcements, an exhibitor table, program advertisements, reception tickets, and more.
For questions regarding support and volunteering, please contact David Diskin at david@LodiUnited.org or go straight to our Support page.
Secular Advocacy Day
With the support of the Secular Coalition for California, October 13th (Monday) is Secular Advocacy Day.
We’ll gather at 8:30 AM to make a difference in our state and local government. Sign up for this special event and help us change the face of politics!
Other Awesome Stuff
There’s a lot going on at Freethought Day, so check out these links to learn more:
• Fundraising Reception
• Family Fun Zone
• Making it a Great Day
• Lodging and Visiting
More Information Get last-minute details by reviewing our Official Website, or being a part of our Page on Facebook and our Facebook Event. Follow us on Twitter @FreethoughtDay.